Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...

Outside my window...the sun is shining, signs of Spring are displaying themselves!! I so wish I was out there! :)

I am thinking...about the phone interview that I just had. It's a perfect fit...the commute would be 45+ min. one way (something to consider).

I am thankful for...God's protection. In the last two days I've been reminded of how God protects me, even when I don't realize I'm in danger. A home invasion about 5 streets from me and an apartment fire last night - have caused this realization to be in the front of my mind.

From the kitchen...Meg's Meal Ministry has been busy and will be busy this week. Sunday I provided a meal to a family for my monthly "Thank You" gifts. Later this week, I'll be making dinner for a family while the Mom continues to recover and then a crock-pot of soup (Beef Veggie) for a small dinner at IBC on Friday evening.

I am wearing...a cute purplish sweater, black dress pants, black open-toed shoes and a very stylish necklace - LOVE my outfit today! :)

I'm remembering...Christ's death on the cross, and His Victory over the grave!

I am creating...a shopping list.

I am reading...same as previous weeks - "Single, Not Separate" and my Frazzled Female Bible Study. Purchased two more books...both dealing with Women of the Bible. One is a daily snippet of reading about various women/groups of women - with each day being different. I'll start that one tonight. The other is called "That I May Know Him", and it talks about God's grace to three very different women - Hagar, the woman at the well and Hannah. I'll start this one as soon as I'm done with my "Frazzled Female" study.

I am hearing...the radio, co-workers chatting and the cleaning lady's trash can rolling across the carpet.

Around the house...I'm hoping to work outside some this weekend - to get the house de-winterized. I turned the heat off today!!!

One of my favorite things...free lunches!! :)

On my mind...Ashley. Easter. Search Committee stuff. Amazingly, the job situation hasn't been on my mind much this week...just trusting!

Noticing that...my allergies are really bad this week, especially in the morning.

Praying for...my job situation, the IBC Search Committee.

A verse to share..."For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures." I Corinthians 15:3-4 (NIV)

A Lyric or Two:

"The Great Divide"

Silence
Trying to fathom the distance
Looking out 'cross the canyon carved
By my hands
God is gracious
Sin would still separate us
Were it not for the bridge His grace
Has made us
His love will carry me

There's a bridge to cross the great divide
A way was made to reach the other side
The mercy of the Father, cost His son
His life
His love is deep, His love is wide
There's a cross to bridge the great divide

God is faithful
On my own I'm unable
He found me hopeless, alone and
Sent a Savior
He's provided a path and promised
To guide us
Safely past all the sin that would divide us
His love delivers me

There's a bridge to cross the great divide
A way was made to reach the other side
The mercy of the Father, cost His son
His life
His love is deep, His love is wide
There's a cross to bridge the great divide

The cross that cost my Lord His life
Has given me mine

There's a bridge to cross the great divide
There's a cross to bridge the great divide

There's a bridge to cross the great divide
A way was made to reach the other side
The mercy of the Father, cost His son
His life
His love is deep, His love is wide
There's a cross to bridge the great divide

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, AWANA, Prayer Meeting/Olympians, Small Group, the grocery store, vaca day on Friday :), Good Friday Service and dinner with the gang afterwards, haircut & color, Easter meal prep and Easter.



No comments: