Friday, March 5, 2010

Generalities...

Well I've not blogged in a few days - okay it's been over a week. Life has been busy, and I've not taken the time to blog. Mainly because I've been working to complete a few projects that I've been putting off - taxes are filed, hair is cut, a revised schedule for Spring T.E.A.C.H. Team created...printed...and distributed, I've started working on a few lists I've been wanting to create, and I've started doing some research on Advent (something I've never celebrated before, but something I want to incorporate into my life this year) and how as a Single I can celebrate - I must say I'm really excited about some ideas that I have. Generally speaking things are really status quo these days - and I've not had much to share about. As you can see tasks are fairly normal everyday tasks. But I thought maybe a general update on a few areas of my life might be in order.

Ah...can you tell that I really want to blog, but can't find anything blog worthy...?

  • "The Frazzled Female"...I started the study a week late, ugh. But I'm almost through week #1 and I'm enjoying the new study. Blog about my first week to come early next week. I'm enjoying sitting at Christ's feet, just listening...more clarification in next week's "The Frazzled Female" post.

  • Job Update...work has been okay. The morale is very low and it makes going to the office almost dreadful by the end of the week. But I continue to find it a blessing that I have a job - and try to keep things into perspective of what others around me are experiencing. Our first "person out the door" will occur next Thursday. Reality is starting to sit in and with the start of March, I've realized that the end really is just around the corner. I continue to make the best of it - and I'm daily searching for projects to fill my days. Projects seem to come in waves - and this week the tide has been low, rather non-existent. Hoping next week is better.

  • Potential Employment...is still being sought after - DAILY! I did hear from one of the companies I interviewed with - and while the company reached out to me two different times about the same position, somehow my name wasn't passed along as a candidate - even though I was told that I was one of their top candidates during the phone interview process. At first, I was a little miffed about the situation...then I realized that God was closing the door to that option - thankfully, that was the theme of Sunday's sermon and the message was fresh in my mind. GOD KNEW!!! My rare, once in blue moon position provided no contact from the employer - but I was able to track my status...only to find "Not Selected". Again, just another confirmation that God closed that door. There are two companies that I've interviewed with and I've not heard back from...continuing to think that "no news is good news". I'll follow-up with a phone call early next week, if nothing comes tomorrow. I have found a few positions that would be a great fit for me - so of course, I've submitted my resume.

  • My schedule...with the onset of Spring, my calendar is starting to fill up quickly. I'll spend a good portion of my weekends in March and April, living out of a suitcase. This Spring holds an out-of-town family wedding and related events, a few quick weekend trips away, and a trip to Virgina Beach with 24 High School students. Throw in a slue of baseball games, Easter, Mother's Day, birthdays (including mine!!), IBC commitments, getting Villa de Megalicious ready for warmer weather (plant flowers, clean gutters, etc.), and various other events/obligations - I have more days with something to do, than those that are empty. But I enjoy being busy - I just need to make sure I'm staying focused and planning ahead, so that I don't become overwhelmed. I also need to continue to remember to say "no" - when it really isn't possible to attend, assist, etc.

  • Meg's Meal Ministry...continues to bless (hopefully) some at IBC. I've not yet (in 2010) reached beyond IBC, but I'm definitely open to the idea and looking for opportunities to minister to family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. I'm also starting to make a list of some who I'd like to thank for their interest and/or impact in my life - as a way to say "Thank You". With the hopes (as long as finances permit) to give "thank you" meals once a month through March of next year. I have a lifelong friend that has a lot on her plate, so much so that our communication has become limited in recent months - I'd love to take dinner to her to ease her load. Pray that I might be able to make a connection with her soon.

That's enough for now...I won't overload you with all the details of my life. I mean if I did that in one blog - I'd have no reason to blog again later.

Some topics I'm working to blog about in the near future..."Say "NO" and own it..." and "The Adventures of Internet Dating...".

No comments: