Tuesday, April 6, 2010

God Knew...

It was a warm Sunday afternoon in April, 2008...the sun was high and bright, the temps were just perfect in the mid 70's. I'd walked through it about 4 times, driven by several times and looked at it hundreds of times online. My Mom had seen it twice. Steve & Wendy, Jenni and Kari were seeing it for the first time. I loved it...it had everything on my "must have" list, and several on my "would like to have" list. Yet it was sooner than I was wanting to make it mine...7 months too early. But God was telling me it was time...another lesson in my life that HIS timing is PERFECT!! I couldn't say no any longer...I had to move forward. I looked into my friend Ed's eyes - someone that I trusted completely - and said..."Okay, let's make this happen!". He reached into his folder, grabbed his pen, pulled at the offer paper work and began filling in the details. As he was working, my mind was going crazy...all of a sudden breathing (seemed) to be difficult, my legs felt like jello. Thoughts of doubt were saying..."can you do this as a single person? the timing isn't right? you aren't a handy person, what if something breaks?". I had just made the most important decision I'd ever made...as an adult. I had just started the process of making Villa de Megalicious mine. It was exciting. It was overwhelming. It was the biggest step of faith I had ever made. As I signed the paperwork, I had a private conversation with God...telling Him, that this was something He was going to have to make happen - because in my agenda it was too soon.

My lease still had 7 months - breaking it would mean loosing money, and how steward-like would that be. Yet after a counter-offer, and another counter-offer...I was in contract by the end of the week. God was working out the details...revealing to me grants that were available to First-time Home Buyers - covering any closing fees and down-payment expenses - WOW!! That was huge! Then after weeks of praying, He provided someone to assume my lease and causing me to loose not one dime. So a GOD THING!! In addition, He allowed me to win a contest at work, that provided enough money to cover the expenses of paint for EACH room...not one dime from my pocket. One month and 22 days after signing the initial offer letter - I attended the closing...signing a small forest of trees making Villa de Megalicious mine. It was a dream come true!!

I love my small piece of this world that God has given to me. It's perfect for me in size, price, location...everything about it is me. Two years later, He continues to show me every day how HE provides ALL of my needs...in just the time that I need them. Sometimes, needs that I don't even realize I have - and yet He shows me they are already met.

My life and faith changed that day, April 6 2007...and in the weeks to come. It was also the start of me using the phrase..."GOD KNEW!!" - something I say when the details are just too unexplainable in the human mind, and we (I) realize that it was GOD who knew how the details would and needed to unfold.

About 3 months after closing, the housing market crashed and restrictions for purchasing a home became very strict...again affirming that God's timing was perfect. If I would have waited until I thought the timing was "perfect", I would have faced the stricter guidelines and restrictions. GOD KNEW!!! When your (my) timing doesn't match God's...follow God's agenda in faith. It may not be easy, you (I) may not see how it will work itself out...but that's not your (my) job. Our job is to be faithful...even when we see the impossible (in our minds) standing in front of us.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

I feel the same way about when we bought our house almost 4 years ago. He does always know.

Alisa said...

Love it, Meg! Why do we ever doubt God?? His timing will be perfect for other areas of your life, too. Love you!