Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...

Outside my window...is a cool, dark night - you can feel the change of season in the air!

I am thinking...of the different types of candy I'm going to make soon!! Let me explain...for some time now, there have been several candy molds I've wanted to purchase - but I've not take the money to purchase them. Well a co-worker that is moving to Pittsburgh - was going through her collection and found SEVERAL that she wanted to get rid of. When she asked if I'd use them I told her I would, and today she gave me a box overflowing with all sorts of candy molds FREE - and most of them were the ones I've been wanting to purchase! She even threw in three cake pans too!! GOD KNEW!!! I'm ready for Beth to come home, so we can have a candy making day!! :)

I am thankful for...a weekend away with friends!! A raise that will begin on April 1 and will be included in my severance package total - PTL!!!

From the learning rooms...working on a lesson for Olympians (Miracles of Christ series) - Christ calming the sea. Along those same lines - looking at ideas for May (theme Creation!)

From the kitchen...my food contributions to last weekend's trip were a hit. I'll spend some time in the kitchen this weekend, and looking forward to time in my comfort zone!

I am wearing...comfy clothes.

I'm remembering...what it was like to have a pallet expander and braces. Sophia is starting the process next week - and last night we discussed what she will be experiencing...including the not so fun stuff.

I am creating...a list of basic need items Hayden will need in his dorm room, so that I can start stocking up on a few things.

I am going...to have an agenda free weekend, and so looking forward to it!!! First time in SEVERAL weeks! :)

I am reading...same as last week - Single Not Separate, and working on my Frazzled Female Bible Study

I am hoping...to get a few projects crossed of the list this weekend - but nothing too major to interfere with the agenda free weekend.

I am hearing...from a few companies that I've submitted resumes, and I have two interviews on Thursday (10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)!!

Around the house...still working on the re-organization project.

One of my favorite things...my IBC family - their continual love for me. I can not comprehend (nor do I want to) how people survive life's trials without the love and support of an extended church family.

On my mind...Ashley. Hayden graduating and starting college - it seems to be coming very quick. My job situation.

Noticing that...I'm sleeping a little more this week! :)

Praying for...my job situation, a friend who is going through a rough time, and a friend who is traveling for work.

A verse to share..."But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10 (NIV)

A Lyric or Two:
Refiner’s Fire
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will

Purify my heart
Cleanse me from within
And make me holy
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin
Deep within

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, Prayer Meeting, two job interviews, Small Group (I missed it last week), hopefully a Fish Fry on Friday evening, watching the Buckeyes, attending Hayden's scrimmage on Saturday, grocery store.

A picture thought...
A solider I pray for daily. A young man sacrificing his life for my freedoms - freedoms that I sometimes take for granted. May we never forget to thank a solider for their service to our country - no matter our thoughts or beliefs on war.

No comments: