Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...

A blogger that I follow, has been posting a weekly Simple Woman's Daybook post for several weeks now, and I enjoy reading her thoughts (well duh - I follow her blog, which essentially are her thoughts on many areas of her life!). For the last couple of weeks, I've considered doing the same - my own Simple Woman's Daybook post...to allow others to get to know more about me.

One of things about me is that I enjoy the simple things in life...lilies, dancing fountains, sunsets, crashing waves, time with family, laughing with friends, etc. In addition, as you know I'm working towards making my life to be simpler - not so hectic and busy. So I thought, what better way to assist in this process, than to force myself to stop and think about some of the simpler things around me and in my life. Not that I'm looking to be Amish simple - just slowing down to appreciate the simpler things in life...my life and to put things into proper perspective.

Below is my first of my weekly Simple Woman's Daybook posts...future posts to come on Tuesday (or that is the goal).

~The Simple Woman's Daybook~
Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'.
Posted on The Simple Women's Daybook blogspot.

Outside my window...A cool dark night, I can hear cars driving in the distance.

I am thinking...about finding a job, getting everything done in the next couple of days, and what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow.

I am thankful for...32 years ago today, my Dad accepted Christ as his personal Savior. I'm thankful for the strong Christian foundation that both of my parents gave to our family. I'm realizing more and more each day the gift that they gave to us.

From the learning rooms...God is teaching me many things these days - this week it seems to be not getting anxious about God providing.

From the kitchen...I'm making Ranch Mix and getting things together to take with me on my weekend adventure! I'm in charge of dinner on Friday...menu to include Hawaiian Chicken (it needs to start marinating on Thursday), Asparagus (yum!) and grilled potatoes (oh yum!) - and breakfast on Saturday...menu is rather simple, Egg Casserole!

I am wearing...one of my favorite shirts and a pair of jeans.

I'm remembering...that I need to take my planner with me to work tomorrow, to make sure I have my calendar & planner in sync and to determine dates/deadlines for projects. That I need to update my new bank card and account details - thanks to PNC.

I am creating...a list of things that need done over the next few days, and some lists/ideas for future things.

I am going...to Hocking Hills this weekend. I've never been and I'm looking forward to it.

I am reading...Single Not Separate (just started), and working on my Frazzled Female Bible Study

I am hoping... for a fun, relaxing weekend

I am hearing...the Sports portion of the 11 o'clock news. Lots of negative chatter at work.

Around the house... I'm working toward re-organizing things - so I'm making some plans and thinking of ideas of how to make this practical and useful.

One of my favorite things...Girl Scout Cookies - Thin Mints, Samoas and Trefoils (esp. with Hot Tea!)

On my mind...Ashley, my job, loosing weight, and summer ministries.

Noticing that...I'm not getting enough sleep or making healthy food choices - both are affecting me in many ways and need to be changed. I'm not liking the person I am - without a healthy sleep and eating pattern.

Praying for...my job situation, IBC during this time of transition - especially for PR, the Deacons & the Search Committee, Summer ministry options.

A verse to share..."Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt. 6:34 (NIV)

A Lyric or Two:
Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word
t’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It’ll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That’s what faith can do)
When the world says you can’t
It’ll tell you that you can!

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do
That's what faith can do!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise

A few plans for the rest of the week: work, grocery, packing, small group and Hocking Hills.

A picture thought...
Two people from different worlds, who met - fell in love - and married. They found Christ - made Him the center of their lives - and their future (and the future of their family) was forever changed. Together they've experienced the best of times and the worst of times. They've impacted the next generations of their heritage by their example of unconditional love and dedication to each other - their family - and most of all their Lord. I'm blessed to call them my parents



No comments: