Friday, February 5, 2010

Trust - if only it were as easy as it sounds...

Tonight during Small Group (btw...it's a new highlight to my week!), we discussed trust. What does it mean to trust? When do you know you are trusting someone? The importance of trust in God? Are we called to trust all believers? ...and many other aspects around the subject of trust. It was a great conversation and many points were shared. A few of my favorites...some things to ponder.

1. How arrogant of me to think that God should answer my prayers the way I want and not according to HIS will. Loved this comment - because often I get disappointed because I don't get the answer I want, and I even think that God doesn't love me or that he has forgotten about me.

2. Guilt is only a good thing - when I need to realize a sin in my life prior to asking for forgiveness. Guilt of a sin in my past, that I have asked God to forgive, will only hinder me for being the person God wants me to be.

3. Sin has consequences, but the punishment was paid for at Calvary.

4. Does God need to trust me?; OR Is the trust relationship only me trusting Him?

5. Why is it that as a believer, I don't feel like I can be honest with fellow believers about areas of weakness, struggle or in need of improvement...lack of trust, worry of judgement, or...

We closed our time with Philip reading the statement below. May this be the prayer of my heart daily...dying to self and trusting fully my Lord and Savior.

"Abba (Papa/Daddy), into your hands I entrust my body, mind, and spirit and this entire day-morning, afternoon, evening, and night. Whatever you want of me, I want of me, falling into you and trusting in you in the midst of my life. Into your heart I entrust my heart, feeble, distracted, insecure, uncertain. Abba (Papa/Daddy), unto you I abandon myself in Jesus our Lord. Amen"

No comments: