Thursday, February 4, 2010

And the decision is...

Below is an e-mail I just sent to a group of friends and prayer warriors...that may have included some of my blog followers. But just in case you haven't recieved the news....


As some of you may recall, tomorrow is "DECISION DAY", and I wanted to pass along to you the decision that I've made. Most will not be shocked by my decision - but it's not because of the reason that many of you will think caused me to come to my final conclusion. MANY factors played into the decision.

With that being said, I will be taking the seperation agreement - staying true to my scarlet & gray roots...black & gold have never looked good on me - and I will be looking for employment in Columbus either before or after the June 3 date...we will see what the Lord has in store for me. During the process of deciding - I did begin to see what the Columbus Job Market looked like - it is rather "eh"...but it's not as bad as I've seen it in the administrative field in recent months. With that being said - there have been a handful of positions that have peaked my interest - so I've submitted my resume. My desire is to stay with DE until the end - but if another opportunity comes along...I may leave sooner. From the resumes I submitted I've had a phone interview and a face to face interview with a local utility company (face to face was yesterday), a phone interview with a second company (a local event planning company) on Monday evening (with a possible face to face one day next week or the week after) and then yet a third phone interview is scheduled for this evening (Thursday) at 5:00 p.m. WOW!! I'm not nieve enough to put all of my eggs in one basket and assume that I will get one of these three positions - yet it's just a great re-affirmation that God is going to provide for me. He has always given me exactly what I needed, just when I needed it and I know that won't be any different in this situation.

So thank you for your prayers, and please continue to pray - as I continue to look for what my next step is and where God is directing me.

No comments: