Thursday, February 18, 2010

Prospective Job Update...

Tomorrow (2/19) will be one month since I was notified of the closure of the Dublin office in June. Many have asked about the status of my job search, and I thought I'd post and update.

First let me thank each of you for your prayers, concern and follow-up on my status. I greatly appreciate it. Since 1/19, I've decided to take the separation package that was offered and will remain in Columbus (which I mentioned in a previous blog). Therefore, putting me on the prowl for a new job...either before June 3 or after (however God provides). The job market in C-bus is rather slow, nothing unlike other cities across the country - so I knew it would be in my best interest to begin the job search right away. I know God will provide for me, but I also have to do my part of going out looking and being proactive in my search. I've applied for about 6-7 jobs to date...being choosy while I can! From those jobs, I have three companies that have pursued me with interviews. Which is very uncharacteristic of such a slow job market - showing me that it's God who is working out the details and ALL things are possible with Him! Two companies I've had both phone and face to face interviews. The other company has only been a phone interview, but a face to face is in the near future - just waiting for a confirmed date. So I'm currently waiting for the next step, with each opportunity. All three companies are in different types of industries, but the positions are the same...Executive Assistant to a senior management executive - exactly where I have all my experience and feel most comfortable. I daily continue to look and apply accordingly...I actually just applied for one of those rare and desirous positions that come along only "once in a blue moon", just before blogging this evening.

As I've said before, I know God is going to provide for me - He has for the last 33 years...so why would He stop now!! It's just a matter of me being patient and waiting for Him to move...a hard pill to swallow for a control, detail, plan ahead type person as myself. But this has been good for me...I'm seeing God work in my life through this situation.

Please continue to pray - your prayers are appreciated and coveted. This is one of those icky hurdles to face as a single...with no one at home to discuss or talk through the details late at night when I can't sleep, and dealing with those scary thoughts that it's only my income that pays the bills of Villa de Megalicious. So it truly is a blessing to know that I'm not alone in this process, with the support and encouragement of many friends and family.

I'll continue to keep you posted.

No comments: