Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving...

Well Thanksgiving 2008 has come and gone; however, I wanted to post some of the things I love about Thanksgiving Weekend...(in no particular order!)

1. IBC "Family Members" that come home.
2. Watching the Macy's Day Parade.
3. The Thornton Family Tradition of "I'm thankful for..." - those darn nieces and nephews always make me cry.
4. The wonderfully, delicious, mouthwatering bounty of FOOD!
5. Volunteering at the VOA Meal Prep - although this year I couldn't attend, since I had a cold (bummer).
6. Spending time with my family - both on Thanksgiving (Mom, Dad, Jenni and Kari @ Jenni's) and the Saturday after (which is when the Thornton/Knisley Family celebrates, so that we can ALL be there!!!)
7. Looking at the Black Friday ads.
8. Sleeping in on Black Friday - unless there is a really good deal, I'm not a fan of getting up before the sun to shop.
9. Two paid days off of work - I'm being honest here friends, not everyone gets it and I particularly like the idea!!!
10. Breakfast at Frisch's after the VOA meal prep with Mom, Dad, Jenni and Kari. No one is in a hurry and it's nice to just RELAX!!!
11. Putting the Christmas Card box out at IBC!!!
12. Christmas Season OFFICIALLY starts!!!

Happy Thanksgiving from my house to yours!!

1 comment:

gretchen said...

So sorry we did not get a chance to say hello while we were there...darn weather! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!!!