Thursday, October 30, 2008

Unplanned Visitors...bearing Hot Chocolate

Well it's the night before Trick-or-Treat in C-bus, and I went right from work this evening to Flower Factory to purchase large quantities of candy for the cute, scary and mysterious visitors that will be arriving at my door step tomorrow evening. I'm really pumped about TOT this year...I'm not a huge Halloween supporter - but I'm not Anti-Halloween either. I enjoy passing out treats to the kids and seeing the vast array of costumes. Plus this is the first time that I will actually have TOTers coming to my place - and I've been warned by neighbors that we get many kids...YEAH!!! So with all of my excitement I decided to invite the family over to enjoy the parade of characters and to just hang out. So the other errand I had, before coming home, was to stop by Kroger. To pick up some munchies to feed the characters that will be inside my house tomorrow night! (hehe!) I got through both the Flower Factory and Kroger relatively fast, and was heading home by 7:15 or so. When I arrived home I had some work ahead of me...I needed to dust, clean the toilets and collect the trash (those are all every Thursday chores), I needed to sort through junk mail and recycling items, make a dint in the a HUGE pile of laundry waiting for me, run a load of dishes, get the tablescape ready for tomorrow evening, get the candy in the basket, and make the Iced Tea and Mac-n-Cheese for tomorrow evening. The list was long and I had the energy and "get to it" attitude needed to get it all accomplished. On my way home I stopped by Mickey D's to grab a quick bite of dinner - drive thru of course! I quickly ate my dinner and began my dusting, sorting, collection of trash and had the toilets "soaking". Around 8:00 p.m. the phone rang...it was Kari (sister). She and Adam were in the area and wanted to stop by. Sure...the door is always open to family! I continued to work on the tasks, when the phone rang again...it was Kari (again). "Um do you like Cafe Mocha or Hot Chocolate?" "Hot Chocolate, please!" At that moment I knew this visit wasn't going to be quick. I worked until they arrived and then sat down to enjoy some conversation and a cup of T. Ho's Hot Chocolate - it was so yummy!!! Well we talked for a good long while - until 10:00 p.m. They needed to leave so I watched them to their car and closed the door. Oh crap - where has the night gone? How am I going to get it all done? Okay, breath Megan...it will all be okay. The toilets were done (check), the trash collection was done (check), the dusting was done (check and smile!)!!! As I sat down on the couch to strategize my plan...I thought back to my blog on Sunday...the one where I just wanted to share a cup of Hot Chocolate with someone and to just talk. I smiled and again God showed me how amazing He is, and that He gives us some of our desires when He is ready for us to have them...while it wasn't in His plan Sunday evening, and I wanted it to be - it wasn't in my plans for this evening, and He wanted it to be.

Thanks God, for allowing me a couple hours with just Kari and Adam - to talk, laugh and enjoy each others company. Now Lord, I pray that you give me a good night of rest. So that I can wake up early to get my many other items accomplished, so that I'm ready for the characters...inside and out tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing how He answers our prayers in His timing!!!

God Bless,
Karen