Friday, October 17, 2008

10 Favorite Things about Fall...

So I don't post for 5 months and now I have two in a 24 hour period...don't get use to this behavior!!

I'm enjoying the day off - actually I'm enjoying a 4 day weekend!!! I realized a few years ago how nice it is to take a long weekend this time of year, just to enjoy the season. So that is what I'm doing this weekend. Columbus in the Fall is a BEAUTIFUL place to be and so much is offered to enjoy the last few weekends of outside weather!

I love to make lists for everything, so as I'm sitting here enjoying the view from my piece of the world -I thought I'd share with you my 10 favorite things about Fall...(in no particular order)
  1. Pumpkin flavored everything - especially Pie & Doughnuts
  2. The Circleville Pumpkin Show - especially on the Parade of Bands night
  3. The smell of wood burning in the air - whether it be from a fireplace or at a bonfire
  4. Pumpkins, Pumpkins everywhere and trips to the Pumpkin Patch!!!
  5. Wearing a sweater and boots on the first cool day or evening! Come February I'm ready for my capris and flip flops though!
  6. The Annual Thornton Family Harvest Party - any time spent with Family is always great!
  7. Ohio State Football - need I say more...I think not!
  8. Warm apple cider & caramel apples (with peanuts)
  9. The beautiful shades the leaves become - especially the bright orange and red, and the burning bush!
  10. Comfort food that sticks to your bones and warms your body up - Stew, Soup, Chicken & Noodles...love them all!
  11. Bonfires and Hayrides
  12. Friday Night High School Footballs games - missed watching Ashley cheer this year.
  13. Mums - they make me smile!
  14. Scarecrows - they are so adorable!

Okay, so I gave you a few extra - but I had a hard time narrowing it down to 10 (obviously). Hoping that you are enjoying this time of year in your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Meg,
Thanks for following my blog and for doing your own. It is so exciting to read other people's perspective on things!! I love your list about fall. I am starting to think that my fall may be my favorite season as well.

God bless Meg!!