Sunday, April 25, 2010

Developing Story...

I'm a Breaking News creeper. When Breaking News occurs...I follow the story for hours, days, weeks, until the story is resolved or the updates are no longer. As the details of the story unfolds the news feed usually reads "developing story"...and the details are given. I guess that's what our lives are - developing stories. Each day something new is added to our story - whether we realize it or not. Each day our story changes.

I've been gone from my blog for several days now - it's not that I've not had anything to write about, it's just trying to figure out how to put it all into words. So I've decided to do quick re-caps of a few areas of my story- I've had some developments....

  • Garden ~ many spring perennials have been planted, summer perennials will be planted on Monday, and annuals for the summer will be purchased when I return from a trip later next week. My hostas are coming up nicely. My lilies are also coming back strong. And my hydrangea has some green buds. I LOVE watching life return to Villa de Megalicious during these springs months. Once I return from my trip I'll start the container garden process. FINGERS CROSSED it will work. I'll try to get some pics of the gardens and post here in the near future.
  • Virginia Beach ~ very early on Thursday morning, I will board a chartered bus and head to Virgina Beach, VA as a chaperon on a High School trip. Hayden's Show Choir is participating in a competition and parade for the Azalea Festival. I'm really hoping to see some beautiful azaleas...but more than that - I'm SO looking forward to going to the beach. AHH, the beach is where my heart longs to be...it's my most favorite destination!! The current weather forecast is calling for beautiful days of sun, and pleasant temps. I'm also looking forward to spending some time with some amazing teenagers. Many come from homes/backgrounds that I can't even begin to imagine. I know many of them, as I went on this same trip last year - and also through various interactions with Hayden. My hope is that my very limited and brief time with them will allow me to get to know them more, and that I can make a positive impact on their lives. I pray I will see them with Christ's eyes - that I may demonstrate His love in my words and actions towards them.
  • Another Girl ~ I found out yesterday that I will welcome a Great Niece in September. I've known for a few months now that I would be a Great Aunt (well I'm already a great aunt, but now I'll have the official title!) in late August or September...the official due date is September 6 (Labor Day). However, I've been very clear in letting my oldest niece Ashley (the baby's mommy) know that this newest addition WOULD NOT call me Great Aunt Meggie...I'm far too young for such a title before my name!;) Ashley is not married, so the news of an addition was rather shocking and disappointing - but our family is trying to find the positives in this current bittersweet hurdle, and we are looking forward to having another person to love. The news of a girl - was welcomed by the ladies in our family...the guys, well they just rolled their eyes and said "Go figure!". The new addition will bring our family count to 14 - making the ratio 10 to 4 - GIRLS RULE!!
  • Job ~ I'm currently at the 4.5 week mark before my position is completely transferred, and I become unemployed. I had a private emotional breakdown one evening last week, as the reality of the end seemed to be closer than I'd wanted it to be. However, God is continuing to work and allowing me to explore possible opportunities - I have two interviews this coming week. One on Monday and another on Wednesday! I continue to aim in resting in God's timing and His plan.
  • Sleep ~ with the onset of my last year in my early thirty's coming to an end, I'm noticing my body does not accept caffeine the way it once did, and I'm not able to pull off the late nights as I once did either. This has been a hard truth to face - as I'm a self-diagnosed caffeine addict. I am dependent on caffeine...it helps me get through my day and if I don't have it before 10:00 a.m., I get a headache and my mood is not attractive. It used to be, I could drink a can of Pepsi (my preferred drink!) at 9:30 p.m. and within moments I could fall asleep. Yet now, if I drink it after 7:30 at night - I'm up for most of the night. Now I'm naturally a night owl - but with the onset of "old age", I'm not able to function during the following day - if I stay up too late...after 1:00 a.m. So this combo called for a change - so I've tried to limit the amount of and time of intake of any form of caffeine. I've not given it up - that would be a sad day. In addition, I try to be in bed by 10:15 - 10:30...usually reading or scanning facebook - but my body is starting the process of slowing down and getting a decent night of sleep. It's been amazing how well I sleep and how refreshed I am in the morning. I also just have more motivation in general. Not to mention, I think my clothes are fitting much better!
  • Singleness ~ since Easter, I've really been struggling with the Single status. I'm not sure what has triggered this bout of struggle in my Singleness Adventure - but it's been pretty bad. No - those around me don't know I'm struggling...or at least I don't think they do. I've tried to continue on with life as is when I'm around friends, family or co-workers - but when it's just me...the tears are steadily falling , the questioning is occurring and the desire to share my life with someone else is painfully there. Usually these "low points" come only for a day or two - but this time it is lingering longer. So I'm currently praying for God to calm my anxious heart, to either fill the desire or remove it, and to help me to remain content on the path He's selected me to walk down...even though I'm scared that I'll be on this path alone, for the rest of my life. Prayer would be appreciated. Pity is not welcomed.

...and there you have it! Those are the updates in my developing story.

1 comment:

The Girl with the Golden Quill said...

I laughed out loud when I read that about the sleep/caffeine. I am all of a sudden the same way! Don't EVEN hint to the fact that we MIGHT be getting old! ;) Ever try taking Melatonin at bedtime? It is non-addictive and available with the vitamins in the store. I take one with B6 also and it helps improve my moods too. (hormones, mostly!)

I am praying for you, my friend. Sending you a hug and some encouragement! :)