Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...

Outside my window...a beautiful sunny Spring day!!

I am thinking...about how well I slept last night and feel today after a 25 min. walk around the neighborhood last night. I should make this a nightly habit.

I am thankful...there are only a few more weeks left of AWANA, and I'll have some extra free-time on Tuesday evenings.

From the learning rooms...reading some websites/blogs, etc. about growing a container garden. Villa de Megalicious is limited in green space...but I've always wanted a veggie and herb garden. A co-worker suggested a container garden. So bouncing the idea around.

From the kitchen...the kitchen has been fairly cool this week. Not much going on. So instead I'll share a recipe. All this thinking about a container garden has me thinking of one of my favorite salads to make...the variations are unlimited to this one!

Cucumber, Tomato & Red Onion Salad

Ingredients:
4 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 large red onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
juice of 1 fresh lime
salt to taste

Directions:
Mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with salt to serve.
(posted on http://www.allrecipes.com/)



I am wearing...jeans and a light sweater! Perfect outfit on a Spring Day.

I'm remembering...how God has provided in the past and will in the days to come.

I am creating...a list of flowers (perennials and annuals) that I want to plant this spring/summer. Went to Lowe's last night and purchased some creeping phlox and a few other perennials. I also noticed my lilies (my fav!) are starting to come through in full force, and a hydrangea is starting to bud too.

I am going...to participate in the MS Walk this Saturday at the Columbus Zoo!

I am hoping...to hear back from a job interview.

Around the house...working on getting the flower beds ready. So glad that the yard waste program starts again next week, I'm ready for my bags of fallen limbs, leaves, and dandelions to be gone!

One of my favorite things...dancing fountains. The fountains around my neighborhood were turned on last week. One is housed directly behind my place - so I can hear it as I go to sleep each night, while working in the kitchen or relaxing on the back patio.

On my mind...Ashley. My job situation. IBC during this time of change.

Noticing that...I'm missing my IBC family. For various reasons I've been away a lot lately - and I'm missing the fellowship.

Praying for...IBC Search Committee, a new job & patience while I wait, Pastor Sr.

A verse to share...
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.”
Matt 6:26-29 (NASB)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, Transition Assistance Class (mentioned this service before in a previous post), Hayden's Home Opener Baseball game...let's go #3!, Prayer Meeting/Business Meeting @ IBC, Small Group Service Project, MS Walk, hopefully some time working outside, and I'm really looking forward to being back at IBC this Sunday.

A picture thought...















http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/