Thursday, July 18, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook 07.18.13

Outside my window...it is a very humid and muggy summer's evening. The air is thick and heavy...almost too heavy to breathe. The thickness hits you as soon as you walk out into the evening.



I am thinking...how I need to be asleep!! I've not slept well this week...and it is catching up to me!


I am thankful...for the opportunity to see my mom this evening, and to catch-up with her for a few minutes.


In the kitchen...I've tried to remain slightly busy - especially on the weekends, and this weekend will be no different. I'm making a couple of desserts (PB Pie and Triple Berry Cobbler) for an event an acquaintance is hosting on Saturday. I'm also going to make homemade pizza crust for Saturday evening's dinner! Love homemade pizza!


I am wearing...lightweight clothing to help keep me cool. Even with the AC running, it's hard to keep cool when the temps are so high and the humidity so heavy.


I am creating...many lists! I thrive on lists!! And I have many things coming up that require a list!


I am going...to the beach soon!! The beach is my happy place. The place I feel closest to God!


I am wondering...oh I could go on and on here! Wondering about so many things...but I'm trying not to worry, but just trust God. He is faithful, and I'm leaning heavily on Him over the next few months.


I am reading...a lot, as I prepare for the CPS test in November. So much to read, and I feel like I don't have enough time.


I am hoping...to find some ways to fill some of my open evenings, on occasion. Especially once the autumn and winter months arrive. I really need that interaction with others, and sitting quietly in my house most evenings - will not be good for me!!


I am looking forward to...Jenni & Ryan's wedding! Two weeks from today!!


I am learning...a LOT!! I'm really enjoying the summer Bible Study my church is offering on Wednesday evenings! In addition, I'm learning many new things as I study for the CPS exam!!


Around the house...doing some re-organizing. Going through and purging - that feel so good!!


I am pondering...a few changes!


A favorite quote for today..."Ayana told me you are her best friend" {my sister, Kari}


One of my favorite things...Chinese food, and tonight my {soon-to-be} Brother-in-Law invited me over for Homemade Cashew Chicken...it was divine!


A few plans for the rest of the week...Ayana is coming to spend the weekend with me. Hopefully Saturday {weather permitting} we will spend a large portion of the day at the pool, once we deliver the desserts. We will also make homemade sugar scrub {a new project I'm taking on} and homemade pizza, while enjoying some movies, a few hands of Old Maid and just hanging out. I love that she enjoys spending time with me.


A peek into my day...work; lunch with a friend; dinner with Ryan, Jenni, and Ryan's dad - Gary; and working on a few wedding things {mainly just marking off that Jenni has accomplished this week}


...find the simple things in life and enjoy them, they are what make life so much fun!!

No comments: