Sunday, March 8, 2009

Psalm 119:105...

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

To this day, I'm afraid of the dark. I still, as a 32 year old women, MUST sleep with a light on. Total darkness terrifies me, and brings no rest to me.

The verse above and the song below, have been favorites of mine for many years. The truth and comfort that are found in them bring comfort and peace. This past week, as some may know, an announcement about our recent organizational structure was released. Finding your name on an organizational chart is nothing shy of relief - because it means you still have a place in that organization. So when the information was released, via e-mail, I looked only for my name. I read through each chart (7 total), and I read through them for a second time. Neither time finding my name. I was not surprised, rather confused. Why wasn't I notified of this sooner? Why was this information released, without someone warning me that my name wouldn't be included? I attended the meeting following the release of the e-mail, and still received no further explanation or clarification. The conclusion of the meeting was at three o'clock, and I tried to make a b-line to my boss' office. I arrived and found the door closed with him on a conference call. The "news" of my name not being on the organizational chart - became the buzz of the office. While I tried to avoid other co-workers, SEVERAL were asking about me and my future. I had no answers for them...and I myself had questions. 5:00 came, I decided it was best for me to leave. Still without any answers. I still wasn't worried or concerned, I continued to remind myself of what I've been clinging to over the last several weeks...I know who is in charge and I know he will take care and provide. On the drive home, I quickly went to my card file of bible verses I had learned over the years. I was finding comfort and light for this dark path that I was walking down. Unanswered questions are like darkness...you have no direction? You aren't sure where to turn or if you should turn. But, again, God's Word was shining some light on my path and allowing me to have peace and not worry. I slept well on Wednesday evening, and was ready to face my boss that next morning. But again the door was closed and he was on back to back conference calls. All day long different co-workers would stop and ask if I had any updates. Finally at 5:00 p.m. - 27 1/2 hours after the announcement had been released - I was finally standing in Mike's office. He informed me that he was made aware this "piece of information" earlier in the day and that my name not being included was an oversight, and that the chart would be updated. I left the office thanking God for giving me the peace and grace that I needed. While I'm not 100% sold on the answer I was given - I'm going to take it for what it's worth and just praise the Lord that I continue to have a job. During those 27 1/2 hours I tried very had to remain positive and have a Godly attitude - but Satan was very much there trying to get me to crumble. But I wasn't going to let him get a foothold - I wasn't going to let him take me down that easy. The Bible verse continued to come back - don't grow weak in well doing, for in due time you shall reap the harvest...but my God shall supply all my needs...this is the day that Lord has made let us rejoice....but He can do exceeding and abundantly more that I can imagine...fear thou not for I am with thee...and several others.

I'm so thankful that when I don't have the answers and I don't know which way to turn, I can go to God's Word and find direction, answers, contentment and peace. On days like Wednesday and Thursday - I'm reminded of how blessed and thankful I am to have a personal relationship with the creator of this universe...if He speak it and it happens, then I know that He will can and will provide for me. Days like Wednesday and Thursday - also leave me with a great passion for the lost - because HOW, HOW, HOW can they get through any day - let alone a difficult day or days -without Christ in their life? The world so needs the lamp unto their feet and the light unto their path.

1 comment:

gretchen said...

This is a great story and was no doubt a great testimony to your co-workers. Way to stand strong!!!!