Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another Song to Bring Comfort...

This song has continually played in my head this week. It became very special to me around the time my sister Kari came returned back to Columbus with her three small children, and admitted that she had been in an abusive relationship for almost 5 years - without any of us knowing. The days ahead were filled with roads that our family had never walked down, and each hour of our life was full of ups and downs.

As news during this last week was made known to me - this song came back to me. It's been a week in which I've seen Brothers & Sisters in Christ receive news like..."the treatment isn't working"...."hospice is going to be called in to help"...."effective April 10 your job will be eliminated". While I wasn't the person to directly receive this news - the news has dropped me to my knees more than once crying out to my God on behalf of my friends. Bible verses and songs have filled my mind - as I don't want to allow the "what ifs" to take root. During recent weeks, as situations have come into my life (whether directly or indirectly) I've asked God what it is that He wants me to learn from this situation. Not to make it all about me - but I truly believe that we each have lessons we need to learn when those around us are given the instructions to walk down the easy and hard roads of life. Well I've not yet learned exactly what my lesson is for these situations - I know that I'm learnng more and more to have a true realization that, I can't live A day without Him.

No comments: