Monday, June 27, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook 06.27.11

Outside my window...is a semi-muggy summer's night, with random cool breezes blowing in the window.

I am thinking...that I really should be going to bed early tonight - it's already 11:00 p.m.

I am thankful...for my job! Tomorrow I'll celebrate one year at my current employer! God has taught me so much this year.

From the learning rooms...well I'm learning a lot of general life lessons right now. I was especially challenged by yesterday's sermon, specifically the point of...having faith to follow without knowing all the details and leaving those things that are familiar!

In the kitchen...I'm starting to work on some original recipes - one involves Chicken and Doritos!

I am wearing...my favorite pair of jean capris and a red shirt with a firework on it - gearing up for the Fourth of July!!

I am creating...a list of things to pack, do and purchase before I head on a very special trip!

I am going...to be super busy at work for the next two weeks, as we wrap up the details for Huntington Credit College.

I am wondering...how Sophia is doing at her first night of Summer Camp!! I'm so excited for her!!

I am reading...a few different things - but mainly "Lies Young Women Believe - and the Truth that Sets Them Free". It's the book we are studying in the Summer Bible/Book study I'm leading on Tuesday evenings for girls 8th Grade and above.

I am hoping...everything goes well with VBS, it starts in less than 2 weeks - and I'm starting to reach panic mode.

I am looking forward to...having the girls back tomorrow evening for our Bible/Book Study

I am hearing...the dancing fountain and nightly bug/critter noises.

Around the house...I'm enjoying the perennial garden on my back patio. Trying to figure out what to do in the front.

I am pondering...a few things - nothing I'm ready to share just yet.

One of my favorite things...Red, White & Boom and various other firework displays this weekend! I LOVE FIREWORKS!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, Bible/Book Study, Church, RW&B, fireworks displays and time with friends, celebrating my Momma's birthday!

Praying for...IBC, Terry, opportunities to share Christ in word and action, Christy, VBS, Joan and family.

A verse to share: "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10 (ESV)

A lyric to share:

No comments: