Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 - The Recap

2009 has been a year of transition in so many ways. But God has been there with me through each transition - and I've enjoyed watching him take my hand and walking with me. Below are some of the adventures, I experienced.

January:
IBC learned that it's sweet Penny was diagnosed with a rare form of Cervical Cancer. Through 2009 the IBC family has rallied around the Hoffman Family (and their extended family) to support them with meals, childcare and the everyday practical needs that came their way. We also, along with saints across the globe, rallied around the Throne of God to lay our pleas of healing at God's feet. To date, we've not seen healing - but we haven't lost our hope and we have be drawn closer together.

I notified various individuals of my decision to step down from a few positions/roles at IBC. Only God knew the blessing that would come with this difficult task.

On the same evening I found out that two of my closest friends were going to be Mommy's for the first time. It wasn't planned that they tell us on the same evening - it just happened that way.

A reorganization annoucement was made that impacted my job greatly. It's been a high stress environment since then at work. But God has allowed me to be a testimony to those with whom I spend 40 hours a week. January 2010, will hold the annoucement of whether I'll continue to work for Direct Energy after June 3, 2010.

A Level Two Snow Emergency closed the DE Dublin office for two days and we all worked from our homes. It also closed IBC's doors for a Wednesday night prayer meeting.

February:
Brought my friends Phil & Gina back to Columbus from Clarks Summit, PA. I've enjoyed having them back home. :)

A group of ladies spent the morning and afternoon making meals at Super Suppers as a Labor of Love for the Hoffman Family.

I assisted Sophia in making a Spaghetti Dinner for the Thornton Family - to include salad, garlic bread and Chocolate Fudge Cake with Pink Icing and Sprinkles.

March:
Emily spent the months of February, March and April playing on a Club Volleyball Team.

April:
I chaperoned a class trip to Virginia Beach, VA with Hayden's classmates from the WHS Ensemble. This was the first time I'd traveled with non-christian teens...it really opened my eyes up to the world that they live in, and gave me a greater passion for that generation. It also allowed me to open up to people, as I went knowing only Hayden and handful of other students - but none of the adults. It was a huge step for me - but I'm looking forward to doing it again in the Spring of 2010.

May:
IBC celebrated 75 years of service to the westside of Columbus with a Homecoming Service and Lunch.

IBC was shocked and saddened by the news that Pastor Bill and Peggy would be leaving IBC at the end of June, 2009. They are greatly missed, but their example to follow Christ has left a wonderful impression on so many.

June:

Sophia accepted Christ as her Personal Savior! :)

Hayden was named as Second Team All-City for his efforts on the Baseball field.

I celebrated one year in Villa de Megalicious! :)

Kari turned 30 and Wendy turned 40! All in the same weekend! :)

July:
Kari and the kiddos moved from Mom and Dad's to their own place. Kari's first place, since returning to Columbus in 2006. They love their little place! :)

I coordinated an all church meal (for 250+) in PB & Peggy's honor. It was a privilege to be asked to coordinate. I enjoyed the experience, and the opportunity to thank PB & Peggy for the impact they made on my life during their 25 years at IBC.

I BLASTed OFF on week's adventure into "space" during IBC's VBS program. VBS is my most favorite ministry!! :)

I began serving on the IBC Pastoral Search Committee.

Emily had her first TLC experience! She loved it and knew she would! :)

August:
The Thornton Family (minus Steve, Wendy & Ashley) packed up two vehicles and headed to Panama City Beach for a wonderful time of rest, relaxation and fun in the sun. We also experienced our first Tropical Storm (Claudette) on day two of our trip! :)

Maxton Lukas entered this world!!

Hayden became a Senior in High School, Emily joined the ranks of 7 other Thornton's to enter West High School as a student. Sophia entered the First Grade, and Elijah changed Westgate Elementary history forever becoming a Kindergartner.

I become Special Events Coordinator for the WHS Athletic Booster Association. I LOVE this volunteer job! :)

September:
Olivia Sue entered this world!!

October:
Hayden was named Top Ten for the WHS Homecoming Court.

Elijah was named "Citizen of the Month" for his class! In his words, "it took a lot of hard work. I had to be very quiet!"

I enjoyed an extended weekend Staycation - topped off with my annual visit to the Circleville Pumpkin Show and going apple picking for the first time. I LOVE FALL!!

November:
IBC called Max Tucker as Interim Pastor for 3 months to begin in December, 2009.

I helped coordinate a wedding for my friends Seth & Crystal. I started taking courses earlier in 2009, and I'm still working to complete them - but the experience was great! :)

The Buckeye football team beat Michigan for the sixth straight year and again claimed the title of "Big Ten Champions"!!

Hayden was accepted to Capital University! This made his Aunt Jenni (a CU alum) very happy! :)

December:
Ashley turned 20!

Jenni became a fan of the new trend of Staycationers!! She had never done such a "trip", but I have a feeling she'll return there one day! :)

Beth came home from China to visit for two weeks during Christmas! It was wonderful to see her and to hear her share about everything she has done in the last 18 months!!

I gave Ayana her first Bible for Christmas. My tradition has been that each niece/nephew receive their first Bible on the Christmas that they are 5. However, Ayana began asking for a Bible in August, and I couldn't make her wait an entire year plus, for her own copy of God's Word. She was so excited, when she opened it on Christmas afternoon! She looked at her mom and whispered, "I love Meggie!"

2009 transformed many of the normals in my life - but most importantly, I pray that it transformed me to be closer to God and the person He wants me to be.

No comments: